- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture.
- If desired, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Serve your Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers as a wholesome and satisfying meal.