- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add diced butternut squash, red lentils, and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until squash and lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy this Spiced Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup on a chilly day!