For the Pizza Dough:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Pizza Toppings:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings: pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, olives, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it's foamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes until it's smooth and elastic. Place it in a greased bowl, cover, and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy your Homemade Pizza!