- 2 medium-sized eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil for frying
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each eggplant slice in the beaten eggs, then coat it with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the coated eggplant slices until they're golden brown on both sides.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce. Place a fried eggplant slice on top. Add a spoonful of sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve your Eggplant Parmesan Stacks.