Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound (450g) spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Brown the Ground Beef:
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it's no longer pink. Break it apart with a spoon as it cooks. Drain any excess fat and set aside.
2. Sauté the Vegetables:
In the same skillet, add the chopped onion, minced garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add Tomatoes and Seasonings:
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine (if using), dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve the Bolognese sauce over cooked spaghetti. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired. Enjoy!