- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft.
- Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies with a glass of milk!