- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Saute the Aromatics:
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, sliced carrots, and celery. Saute for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the minced garlic and saute for an additional minute until fragrant.
2. Add Broth and Bay Leaf:
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add a bay leaf for flavor. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3. Cook the Noodles:
- Add the egg noodles to the pot and cook according to the package instructions (usually about 6-8 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Add Shredded Chicken:
- Stir in the shredded cooked chicken. Let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes until the chicken is heated through.
5. Season and Serve:
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf.
6. Garnish and Serve:
- Ladle the Chicken Noodle Soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of freshness.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, a comforting and satisfying dish, especially on a chilly day or when you're feeling under the weather.