For the Salad:
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup (240ml) croutons (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated Parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (120ml) mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is well combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
2. Make Croutons:
- If you're making your own croutons, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Cut bread into small cubes, toss with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until they're golden and crispy.
3. Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, place the torn Romaine lettuce leaves. Add the croutons on top of the lettuce.
4. Dress the Salad:
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing over the salad. Start with a few tablespoons and add more to taste. Toss the salad gently to coat the lettuce and croutons evenly with the dressing.
5. Add Parmesan Cheese:
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the salad.
- Serve your Caesar Salad as an appetizer or as a side dish. Optionally, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon to make it a complete meal.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Caesar Salad with its rich and creamy dressing, crispy croutons, and the umami flavor of Parmesan cheese!