For the Beef Stroganoff:
- 1 pound (450g) beef sirloin or tenderloin, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (225g) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240ml) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cooked egg noodles or rice
1. Sear the Beef:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced beef and sear until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
2. Saute the Aromatics:
- In the same skillet, add chopped onions and garlic. Saute until they become soft and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook until they release their moisture and brown.
3. Create the Sauce:
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to create a smooth sauce.
- Return the seared beef to the skillet and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Finish the Dish:
- Reduce the heat and stir in the sour cream. Ensure not to boil the sauce at this point.
- Season the Beef Stroganoff with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve your Beef Stroganoff over cooked egg noodles or rice.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and flavor.
Enjoy your homemade Beef Stroganoff, a comforting and creamy dish that's perfect for a satisfying dinner!